:: TRIVIA

A million dollar dream

I venture into this land unknown
A sacred place, all by my own
The narrow lanes, with colorful lights
Those temporary shops, on either side.

Those beautiful things an extraordinary view
With joy all around, and sorrows were few.
I walked along, as a foreigner in that place
I felt great happiness, which I can’t replace.

As I still move ahead, and look around
There were none, but only monks around
And no one spoke a word
No expression, no sound!

And at the end of this lane it was green all around
With butterflies and flowers and joy to be found.
Beyond the green land a small hill was seen
Outlining it, I could see huge trees, there had been.

I ran to the top to climb this huge tree
And when I did so I saw a deep blue sea.
People like me, I saw on the other side,
Holidaying and playing, on the beach so wide

I was high up, full of fear, holding tight to this tree
With other people hanging near, but, none were scared like me.

A strong wind blows by and I drop from the tree
I hold on to another branch which bends along with me.

In quarter of an hour I am nearly at the beach
I am happy, didn’t drown to death though the waves almost touched my feet.

The branch flies me through the city like a bird in the sky
And we reach a palace not knowing the reason why.

It takes me in to look around, only monks do I see
All peaceful monks, and graceful monks no one else could I see.

It took me then to the main hall
A royal place, I had never seen
All things rich, big or small
But, no king was to be seen.

And then I spot an extraordinary thing
A piece so royal, I am near that thing,

A royal POT,
Of a divine sort.
A pot so lavish,
Of a different sort.

As I go near beside it, I stand
And all off a sudden I throw something from my hand.

That thing unknown - a jelly so white
A thing, I had never known I had carried all the while.

And then all of a sudden a monk spoke to me,
“Don’t be scared my son, that was your soul you see!

“Its time for you to return it to the place where it belongs
Because you’re not the only one, don’t be sad and get along!”

I am scared and shocked
As he goes on to say,
“It helped you to find beauty
That had always been there,
But, never could you appreciate.”

I wonder what is real and I wondered what I saw
Because after this dream broke again these worlds full of flaw.

Was that the truth that I saw last night?
The journey I set off for “the never-ending quest of life!”

Or was that the beauty that people die for
Is Truth a continuous puzzle, like a mirage seen from afar?

But one thing I remember that he said to me
“More pure the soul is more beauty can you see
Wherever you go, whatever you see.”

–Dhaneesh Jameson.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Few relevant quotations


You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. -Abraham Lincoln

No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong. -Albert Einstein

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods. -Albert Einstein

Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it. -Andre Gide

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true. -Buddha

Chase after the truth like all hell and you’ll free yourself, even though you never touch its coattails. -Clarence Darrow

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Most truths are so naked that people feel sorry for them and cover them up, at least a little bit. -Edward R. Murrow

All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. -Galileo

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. -Gloria Steinem

Truth is not only violated by falsehood; it may be equally outraged by silence. -Henri Frederic Amiel

If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed. -Mark Twain

There is no such thing as inaccuracy in a photograph. All photographs are accurate. None of them is the truth. -Richard Avedon

A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it. -Oscar Wilde

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it. -Oscar Wilde

Never assume the obvious is true. -William Safire

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Influences and inspirations

Vincent (1982)is a stop-motion short film written, designed and directed by Tim Burton and Rick Heinrichs. At approximately six minutes in length.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Influences and inspirations

MirrorMask is a 2005 fantasy film from the Jim Henson Company, Samuel Goldwyn Films, and Destination Films
Plot:In a fantasy world of opposing kingdoms, a 15-year old girl must find the fabled MirrorMask in order to save the kingdom and get home.

"Close to You" -A Song from the 2005 film "MirrorMask,"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------